Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Another meme

Brillig tagged me for a meme. As long as people who I consider to be much more interesting than I am keep tagging me, I'll keep memeing.


What makes your blog unique?


I have no idea. Except that it's mine, and hopefully I'm unique.


When did you start blogging?


A month ago. I had another blog connected to my work, which was turning into a drag. No, you can't see it because it's dead and buried. That's what a new blog is for.


What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?


I started blogging in an attempt to chronicle this particular moment of my life. I called this blog The Verge, because I'm poised on the edge of a big Verge right now.

For any readers who haven't followed this blog from its birth, in a month's time my family and I will be moving from our home of fifteen years in northern Italy to Summit County, Colorado. This move represents a huge decision for my husband and I, and for me it is a long awaited return home. For my husband it will mean living as an expat, as I have for the past fifteen years, with all that entails. For my two sons it will mean living fully their American half, and stowing away their Italian passports for their American versions. For my dog it will mean learning how to avoid the bears. I'm thrilled and scared shitless at the same time at the idea that I will soon once agin be keyless.

There goes my little family, with everything we own on their backs...

The other reason I started this blog was to come out of hiding and publicly cope with with my out of control supermarket panic. Thank you all for your support.


What are your feelings on the "blog popularity" issue?


I didn't know this issue existed. Is that like the popularity issue from high school? I'll think I'll just stay in denial about that one.

8 comments:

Mustafa Şenalp said...

ÇOK GÜZEL BİR SİTE.

Jenn in Holland said...

Jennifer-
I find you infinitely interesting. Hanging with you feels a lot like hanging with the REALLY SMART KIDS in high school. I like hearing your thoughts. Maybe by association I may have some someday...

Brillig said...

Haha! I can't believe you've only been doing this blog for a MONTH??!!! Wow!

I love the picture of your family. hahaha. If that's all you own, then moving will be pretty easy...

And yeah, from what I understand, the blog popularity issues are an awful lot like high school... Still, i find myself playing that game. I was never terribly popular in high school. Maybe blogging is my BIG CHANCE!!! hahaha (I'm kidding... you get that, right?)

Cate said...

You're doing a great job chronicalling your move to Colorado! But there isn't enough on the supermarket phobia. I hope you'll continue writing about that after you move.

Rebecca said...

Hi Jennifer - thanks for visiting my blog - and YAY! I've found another interesting one to haunt.

Do you think your supermarket phobia is going to get better or worse in the States??

jennifer said...

I wish that was all my family owned... that's all my family needed for a ONE NIGHT CAMPING trip! Kind of puts things in perspective. Thanks for your king words, Brillig. I guess a month isn't very accurate, since I did have a work blog before, but as I said, that's dead and buried. Jenn, that's the biggest compliment- ever wonder where all over the popular kids wound up? Welcome Rebecca. Your blog is really funny. That's the hardest kind of writing in my opinion.
And Cate, you're absolutely right. I think I'm in denial- I haven't been dealing with my supermarket panic lately (a.k.a. not going grocery shopping!).
Mustafa...um, thanks?

jennifer said...

Ugh- bad typo. Wanted to say Brillig's KIND words. Then again, KING words is kind of cool.

Gunfighter said...

I see we have mutual pals.

You keep excellent company!

GF