Dear Rebecca has tagged me for a 7-thing meme. Any seven things about me. As if you hadn't had enough.
Since everything is new to me, here are seven new and unexpected things about my new life.
1. I forgot how to write a check. I opened a bank account yesterday, and when I had to write the first check I looked at it, looked up, then looked at it again. So much for being a grown-up.
2. Two nights ago sitting by the river with my children, I saw an elk. That's right. An elk. He was sporting big antlers and a proud bearing. It was breathtaking.
3. This morning I bought a car. It's a beat up jeep with wonderful huge tires and a ski rack.
4. I've finally caught my breath. We're living at 9000 feet altitude, and the first few days were pretty huffy.
5. My children are Americans! They've always been Americans on paper, but now they are riding their bikes around town with their fishing poles tied to their backpacks and chatting with the locals. My younger son has also discovered the joys of Starbucks frappuccino (as if he needed more caffeine)!
6. My usually racing mind is calm and loafing around.
7. And back by popular demand, this is my new view ...