Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My cup runneth over

My cup runneth over. As if the perfect post award wasn't enough, there's another someone who thinks I rock. That's right. I rock.


Brillig gave my this very cool, very lovely award today:



If you don't know Brillig or read her blog, I highly recommend that you leave here immediately and do so. She's a brilliant writer and the star of a fascinating life. And I'm flattered that she has lended me a moment of her time, and even more so for this rockin award. Thank you dear Brillig. I sorely need to feel like I rock right now!


I'm trapsing through this thing that is change, and I must say that I have not a clue as to who I am or what the hell I am doing at the moment. If I were to follow along the string of consciousness that is currently running through my mind, the only applicable soundtrack would be I am the Walrus by the Beatles. Not that I feel like a walrus (well, maybe a baby walrus... those flights really make me puff up like a blowfish), but because of the insane, bizarre, incoherent lyrics of that song, like these verses:


Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.Corporation tee-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday. MAN, you been a naughty boy, and let your face grow long. I am the eggman, they are the eggmen, I am the walrus,goo goo g'joob


Crazy, no? I know we've all seen it before, but no one captures this particular moment in my head like Edvard Munch...



Screaming and rocking, that's me.

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

you certainly do rock - I agree.

That song is mad - especially seeing those lyrics written like that!

I love that chagall print you have up there too - gorgeous!

Jenn in Holland said...

Agreed.
Agreed.
Agreed.

goo goo g'joob!

anno said...

Well, I agree, too! Congratulations!

As for feeling crazy.... you've just stirred the pot. Everything will settle down soon.

Jennifer said...

Congrats. Keep rocking. And hang in there. It's almost Thursday!

cathouse teri said...

Aw... and I was out of town during your crisis.

The song. Insane. I can't conceive an idea of why it was popular.

I hope things are settling down. I wish I lived nearby so I could bring over some comfort food. :(

Brillig said...

I like Anno's analogy of the stirred pot. And I love the Beatles song--of course, I tend to be one of these who believes they could do no wrong. They certainly captured an aura of insanity with that one!

As for the award, you deserve a million of them. Even during your craziest, busiest times, you blog is always interesting and insightful.

jennifer said...

Thanks to all- I really reached the pinnacle with this post, as I read back on it...
I love blogging for that very reason. It's so immediate. Like a photo of what's happening inside my had at any given moment.
Thanks for peeking in!

jennifer said...

A typo in my own blog- probably one of many.
That should by HEAD, not HAD... obviously.

Jenn in Holland said...

I already read HEAD not HAD even before you fixed it. Who needs all those fancy extra letters anyway?

Once again, Agreed. Blogging is just fab for putting it all out there. And the coolest thing is that there is this marvelous safety net of friends to hold you up even in the midst of the falling down!

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks