Monday, August 13, 2007

Allegory

I haven't been around much lately, both in a real and figurative sense. I have had no time or energy to write anything worthwhile, or to read. I have been consumed by the daily doings of a life in upheaval, a life best described in images...



All of a sudden, without warning, I found myself surrounded by death.



My husband returned to his homeland to mourn, and left me in a new life life in a new place.



Alone.

Maybe alone wouldn't have been so bad, me being me, but I wasn't quite alone. I was in charge of two warring brothers out for blood.




I battled valiantly to be a good mother in troubling times.

But I still found the face of a madwoman staring back at me in the mirror every night.



My only solace was in nature, which is overwhelmingly beautiful here where I live.



The husband and father finally returned.


And now all I want to do is sleep, in body and mind.

14 comments:

Carol said...

This makes me both cry and laugh.

(Glad things have improved.)

Carol

Romerican said...

beautiful post!

Fourier Analyst said...

Pictures do say more than words! Looking forward to having you back soon though!

Jenn in Holland said...

Fantastic Jennifer. Sleep friend. Rest. It is well deserved and I look forward to your return when you feel better.

anno said...

Devastating, funny, heartbreaking, and beautiful. I'm so glad things are getting better for you.

sognatrice said...

I love coming here :)

Greg said...

Sleep, cyber-friend, sleep.

cathouse teri said...

That's a scary madwoman!
I think that picture should be burned!

I have to go shoot myself in the head now!

>

cathouse teri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Oh my goodness, this was brilliant. And you chose many of my favorite paintings (although disturbing ones). The French Revolution image was hysterical in terms of your battling to save the peace. I'm glad you can sleep now ;-)

jen said...

what a gorgeous post.

Karenkool said...

Loves this one! (as usual) rest and be made alive again!

Brillig said...

Ahhhhh, gorgeous! I particularly like the mad woman... :-) I know that face in the reflection all too well!

Glad he's back, and glad you're resting!

Rebecca said...

brilliant!

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks