Thursday, September 13, 2007

15 reasons to love Lucky

Sognatrice recently wrote about a new addition to her family, and inspired this post. I never thought I was one to write an Ode to a Dog, but my Lucky deserves one.


Fifteen reasons to love Lucky




1. He's a mutt. Just like most of the rest of us.




2. He's a natural foot warmer. I get cold feet when I work, and he's the perfect remedy.




3. He's lucky. A friend of ours daughter found him in the woods in Italy. He was a stray puppy and badly malnourished and beaten up. Now he's living in the Rockies.




4. He's eternally tormented by squirrels and chipmunks. He just won't give up.




5. He's not afraid of sticks anymore. When he first came home with us, he was terrified of brooms, ski poles and fishing rods. That's all in the past now.




6. He does pilates with me. He stretches out on his back beside me and slithers around grunting (I guess that gives you an idea of what I look like doing pilates...).




7. He is the fastest dog I have ever seen. Faster than a greyhound.




8. He adores my children, and would die for them.




9. He snores.




10. He treats all people and all other dogs with love and respect. You can take a bone from his mouth and he won't even whimper.




11. He's bilingual.




12. He has huge ears.




13. He is often mistaken for a wolf as he runs through the forest.




14. He loves ice cream




15. This is how he looks at you. Pure love and devotion.



Friday Fifteen

10 comments:

sognatrice said...

Aaaah! Look at that face! Luna and Stella both do yoga with me now--the other day I sat down in the typical yoga position (sitting, legs crossed) and Stella climbed right up in my lap and Luna laid down in front of me on the mat. Too freaking cute :)

anno said...

He's beautiful! I love it that he exercises with you. And I hate hearing about dogs that are afraid of sticks -- I'm glad that's in the past for him.

Jennifer said...

Sweet, sweet dog!

Jen said...

You know, I said I wasn't a dog person, but I think I could learn to love Lucky. What a lovely tribute. Lucky and Conor O'Neil (Anno's dog) and my neighbor's dog, Desta... hmmm... and my exchange daughter's dog, Nala... okay, so maybe I do love dogs. Lucky seems wonderful, though. And WHAT a face!

Jen said...

Oh, and the comment about his doing pilates with you was absolutely priceless. And no, I'm sure that's not imitation, but I love the idea of doggy pilates!

Fourier Analyst said...

What a sweetie and a great list! Love the Pilates companionship!!

JJ said...

Ohh, I was so glad to get to 11 (he's bilingual) because when I read 3 (he's Italian) I worried he had learnt his new home's language.
Phew.

anno said...

Just to let you know, seeing the Three Angels this morning somehow made me feel unreasonably happy.

Marloes said...

Goodnes, he looks absolutely adorable. I find strays are so much more "giving" then dogs with heritage..:)

Jenn in Holland said...

Don't tell anyone, but I think I am in love with Lucky.