Monday, November 12, 2007

those cute Italian boys

What would most kids do with twenty dollars to spend as they wish?

My boys got on their bikes and rode downtown to spend their twenty bucks on whatever they chose. They both got on the honor role, and a reward seemed fitting.

Did they buy candy? Some kind of video game? T-shirts?

No, those cute Italian boys, as they have come to known as in my small town, made their way to the gourmet wine and cheese shop and came home with gorgonzola and prosciutto crudo.

I must say that the Italian man, as my husband has come to be known as in the local hardware store, commended them on their wise choice.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is so funny. I can so see that happening. Your boys are adorable. I bet they shared some of their booty with you.

anno said...

What excellent taste!! Lucky you!

Rebecca said...

wow - my kids would buy a plastic spiderman toy (or a playstation game) or something equally tacky. I think we need to spend some time in Italy!

Goofball said...

mmmmmmmmm can they come and share with me?

Tandy said...

That is so great. I can only concurr with the rest of the comments that your boys have excellent taste! How great is that :-)

Fourier Analyst said...

I love your boys! Any chance we can arrange a marriage to one of my girls? They have an Italian last name! After high school they will each speak at least 4 languages! Italian would be easy to learn after that, especially with their Opa's help!! And I studied it for 2 years!!

Seriously darlin', sounds like you are raising them right!!

Jen of A2eatwrite said...

I'd take their choices over candy any day! I think my ds would have bought books, though... and in case anyone thinks that's endearing, it probably would have been manga or a gaming guide, lol.

Jenn in Holland said...

Oh, ho! Those cute little Italian boys are also SMART!