Tuesday, February 5, 2008

a sea of thought


For days I've thought to myself, I really would like to write, wouldn't I? I really should write, shouldn't I?

Do you ever suddenly feel that the brain you once coveted is on shutdown, far from reach? Isn't it a bit scary? There you are, plodding through so overwhelmingly much change that you should be full of inspiration and agnst to write about... but you can't. You can't find the words. Your mind is a storm at sea. That feeling I remember as a kid in the Florida surf, when I would be cast off my boogie board and thrust down into a churning wave. Which way is up? Which way is down? Which way is the right way?

That's me. Hopefully to be continued.

2 comments:

anno said...

It's hard to write when you're under water. Getting a breath of air and a bit of perspective helps. Hope you find some soon.

jen said...

my brain does this all the time.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks