Wednesday, April 30, 2008

flirting with devil

Thank you to those people whom I have never met face to face, and who really have no idea what I've been going through, and who have written me words of genuine concern and care.

Each day when we wake up and put our feet on the floor and go through the motions, we never imagine the unimaginable things that happen everyday to so many people just like us. That's why these things are unimaginable.

Anyone who is facing an illness will tell you, I never thought this would happen to me. No one ever does. That's the beauty of living until you do have to face down the unimaginable.

I am not on my deathbed or dismembered, and the odds are in my favor that I have absolutely nothing at all. I will know more next week, and hopefully feel free to write about it. Until then I don't feel like I can. It feels like flirting with the devil.

6 comments:

bleeding espresso said...

Good idea. I hear the devil always tends to take things the wrong way ;)

Thinking of you and sending lots of positive energy, virtual hugs, and sloppy doggie kisses (from the girls, of course) ;)

Jen of A2eatwrite said...

Oh, Jennifer, I'm so sorry to hear you've been going through such a rough time. I've been in and out lately, so I may have missed earlier posts. My thoughts and healing vibes are coming your way.

Beatriz' suitcase contents said...

Wishing you well from my virtual corner of the world. Feel better soon.

anno said...

You're wise to avoid those overtures from the devil. Thinking of you, wishing you well.

Jennifer said...

I hope you are well. I have been thinking of you and was reassured by this post.

cathouse teri said...

I'm sure I wouldn't feel like writing about it, either.

But you know you have many good thoughts coming your way.

As the words of the song say:

If you're going through hell, keep on going! You might get out before the devil even knows your there!