Thursday, April 10, 2008

tunnel of waiting

i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes
~E.E. Cummings

I can't yet write about what's been going on for me in the last few days. I've been faced with some very serious and terrifying health issues, that most likely will turn out to be nothing. I will know more in a couple of weeks.
I have been unstable and afraid. People's random kindness to me, even over the phone, has made me cry.
I am leaving town for a short beach vacation tomorrow, and will write again upon my return, both from the beach and from the tunnel of waiting.

8 comments:

cathouse teri said...

Tunnels of Waiting. There was a man who often found himself in such a place. William Cowper. He often struggled with depression and doubt. He lived and wrote in the late 1700's. My favorite of his poems he wrote on the heels of having taken a cab to the London Bridge, in hopes of leaping to his death into the Thames River. The fog prevented the cabbie from making it to the river. He was only able to bring Cowper back home. And then he wrote this:

God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform;
He plants His footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm.

Blind unbelief is sure to err
And scan His work in vain;
God is His own interpreter,
And He will make it plain.

anno said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this great new worry. I hope it turns out to have been about nothing at all.

Beatriz' suitcase contents said...

Feel better, and enjoy your time off.

bleeding espresso said...

Thinking of you cara. Lots.

xo
Michelle

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry. I hope you are better soon. Take care and rest well.

jen said...

oh honey. oh.

i will hold you in my thoughts.

Karenkool said...

You're in my prayers.

sue said...

徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks