Monday, June 9, 2008

the struggle


Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough. ~ Emily Dickinson


This morning I thought about this painting (I know, I actually do that... wake up thinking about a painting). It is Jacob as he wrestles with the angel. I have always been drawn to this painting for the curious expressions on the faces of its characters. Even as they struggle, the angel seems to look upon Jacob with love. Jacob seems to be laying his head on her breast. He seems to be loving his adversary. Loving the struggle.

That's me lately. Struggling and embracing the struggle. Life, mine in particular of late, is often about struggle. We aren't that far from nature after all. That's the joy of things.


.........................................................................


I adore Anno. She is a thoughtful, authentic writer and human being. She recently gave me an award, which coming from her meant much to me. Thanks Anno. Even weirdos like me like a pat on the back every now and again!

3 comments:

Jen of A2eatwrite said...

I agree that struggle can be a joy.

I also agree with everything you had to say about Anno.

And I agree that she chose wisely in bestowing that award to you!

cathouse teri said...

Yes, Anno is cuteness personified! :)

Actually, I think Jacob's angel was referred as "a man." I don't believe there is any feminine manifestation of the angelic type in the bible. (Not counting the Apocrypha, of which I know nothing.)

Oh my God! Don't you love it when a cathouse whore corrects you on the scriptures!

Anyway, I'm just kinda into that shit. I love your message, though. Very much. As always.

anno said...

Where there is struggle, it seems like there must be love. Else why bother?

Waking up thinking about pictures seems like a wonderful way of carrying the dream world into morning. Or at least until the first cup of coffee. It sounds lovely.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks