Saturday, July 26, 2008

burst of being


I often wonder how it was possible for me to write so often during the past year. Even write with clarity and purpose. At present I find myself at a loss for clarity in my words and thoughts. If I could ever describe the clutter and mayhem in my mind, it would look something like the deck behind my house this morning. The flowers have bloomed in such an exaggerated way that they almost look gaudy. Flashy, showy harlots tumbling out of their containers. The humming birds whiz by and dive bomb your head. Their colors are so ruby red and intense gold that they also look like something left over from a nauseating French baroque parlor. The sky is either so sapphire blue or so full of cotton ball white swollen clouds that it feels a bit too psychedelic, like it may fall down on your head. Life is so intense and pulsing outside my door that the same thing I love about living here is almost making me sick.

I know the burst of being I am overwhelmed with has nothing to do with the humming birds or clouds. It is all about me trying to find stillness and calm. I have an energetic and scattered mind, and at the same time I have a mind that craves quiet. I usually like this aspect of who I am. I like my sporadic bursts of creativity and thought followed by moments of being a mental couch potato. I usually like the way colors seem so vivid to me, the way the smell of lilacs or fresh bread can give me such pleasure. I usually revel in the woody paths and climbing rose trellises in my mind.

But of late I wish it would all stop. Just for a moment. I wish I was dull and dumb and a careless dolt. Just for a moment.

I wonder if you have ever felt this way? Felt like the very things you love about yourself are making you the slightest bit crazy? And tired? Dare you admit that?

8 comments:

federal student loans said...

Ive read this somewhere else.


federal student loans

Anonymous said...

Me too

Anonymous said...

Huh? Who read what somewhere else? What's going on?

Anyway, to respond to your post, Jennifer. Yes! Yes! and Yes!

I am struggling with this now. I have so many passions, want to move around - be back in Italy, smell this again, taste that again, and sometimes I wish I could just be happy making a peanut butter sandwich. :)

anno said...

I wonder if you have ever felt this way? Felt like the very things you love about yourself are making you the slightest bit crazy? And tired?

All the time. I think it's hard on those around me, too. You've said it so well...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jennifer said...

Well, I've removed the ability for anonymous commenting. I've always thought it was strange to leave comments anonymously, but lately it's been a bit... much. Anyone can feel free to e-mail me if they do not wish to comment. I'll respond if I want to.

Jenn in Holland said...

I do dare admit it. But not very loudly. (and please don't tell anyone I said it)

sue said...

抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,主機代管,虛擬主機,專屬主機,實體主機,獨立主機,網域申請,網頁空間,推薦虛擬主機,網域,網域註冊

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks