Wednesday, September 10, 2008

enough

There I was, driving down the road in my car enjoying the fall colors, and then NPR reminded me of the silliness that happened today in the presidential campaign. There was nothing presidential about it. And I became so angry, and felt so ripped off that even one person in this whole country would be vapid, superficial, and just plain stupid enough to swallow what the Republicans were serving up. And then I became scared, because the truth is that there are plenty of those people.
So here I am serving up politics again in the realm of me, me, me that is this blog. I can't help it. I can't stop it. I am signing up to take people to vote on election day. I don't care if there's a blizzard.

I admit that I generally do not like to watch videos on blogs... but this one is so worth it.


4 comments:

Jen of A2eatwrite said...

Keep fighting. The media is having a field day showcasing Palin, so we need to keep talking up other viewpoints.

Jennifer said...

I don't get it either. Not that the entire nation has to agree with my views on the economy, the war, a woman's right to choose (why is these even on the table still?), and alternative energy, but could we at least focus on actual issues rather than all this "character" nonsense?

Good for you for volunteering.

Karenkool said...

I happen to think character is very important when looking for the right candidate to lead our country. I think both candidates demonstrate upstanding character.

I hope you don't mind me posting this, but I certainly am not stupid or superficial! And I do happen to like what the Republicans are serving up. Sorry to disappoint you. I think it's great for you... me... and anyone else to be involve in politics. That's what makes our country great and can make it even better.

jennifer said...

Hi Karen-
No... I don't think you are stupid or superficial. This post was about the absurd (in my opinion) "Lipstick" on a pig "controversy" served up by the Republicans. I really think this was a stupid and superficial discussion, whether being participated in by Republicans or Democrats! It just isn't what this election is about for me and my family. At all. Frankly, I also don't believe it is what it is about for either Obama or McCain. It looked like pure distracting rubbish to me. It stank.