Monday, September 8, 2008

on the verge


I have this little dream that I may be back just in time. Back to the States, that is. I may have brought my children just in time for them to understand what it means to hope for the future in a concrete way, to believe that we can change things together, to feel like we are all part of something that is greater than anything can be when we are alone. To feel finally represented and spoken for on some level. On the verge of something better.
I'm so excited.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hope you're right.

Lila511727 said...

Wow. I wish I could have hope in just one person like that. To me, they're all politicians - all the same but with different masks. I feel like in order to see real changes it's up to each individual to make a difference - not stand by and wait for some God-like figure to come along and wave a magic wand.

Jen of A2eatwrite said...

I'm where you are, but I'm really worried about the recent polls and the "star quality" of Palin. I'm spending various spare hours volunteering for the Obama campaign right now.

anno said...

It is a good time to be here. I think you returned just in time.

Carol said...

I so agree! The thought of him NOT winning makes me want to head to some other country. Eight years of this buffoonery was enough. Palin is scary... just downright scary.

Carol