Tuesday, July 28, 2009

on the verge of going back

our valley in the Dolomites


There I go. I'm on the verge of going back. Back to the place where I spent so many years, became another person, learned another language, lived another life. Soon I will be heralded with people calling me Jenny, people asking me where have I been. What is it like? I am bringing two sons back with me who have long since become taller than I am, one blondish, exotic athlete with a brain who moves like a beam of light, and one towering, dark haired, handsome, gentle bear with a smile that melts your heart and a light touch.



How I can't wait to see my family in our Italian shoes, to beat the cobblestones and alleys, to spend long lazy happy hours with our friends who think we are so interesting and daring.





Here I go.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Enjoy your trip back! Hope you have a wonderful time!

(And hello from Lake Garda!!!)